We are so excited to now have the addition of a 3D Printer to our Makerspace. If students want to use to 3D printer it is an easy 3 step Process:
1. Go to the Libraries Google Classroom Page
2. Use the 3D Printing Symbaloo to find a website or app to use to design a 3D model.
3. Once the design is complete, fill out the 3D printing request form and send Mrs. M the .stl file.
All of the resources are also located on the 3D Printing tab of the website.
We had lots of great things happen at the SMS Library this week. I put together a thinglink to show you some of the things that occurred. Enjoy!
Today, I spent the day working on a grant to get a Makerspace in the library. Every year that Somerville Education Foundation generously gives grants to the teachers in the Somerville Schools. SEF grants focuses on those that:
● Provide innovative activities, strategies, programs and materials that provide a new process for learning that fall outside the normal budgeting process
● Complement school curriculum
● Benefit as many students as possible with the funds available
● Provide evidence of benefit to students
To me that is what a Makerspace does!
I know how hard grant writing can be so here is the grant application I submitted. Feel free to "steal" from it.
I could not have written it without the help of the following people who are really the experts in the field.
Here is the wish list of items I included in the grant. It is a nice starting point of items but is by no means the be all end all list. You must make the space your own.
SMS students the Library has a Google Classroom Page! Check you email for an invite! It will be the place to go for all the latest information about what is happening in the Library!
My goal is to each week post a round up of some of the things that happened during the week. This week I used Thinglink to show some of the things that happened this week!
Want to see pictures of what we are doing in our library. Make sure to check out our new flickr page. You can access it at https://www.flickr.com/gp/17124518@N08/0F744M or look here!